Linnhe Creative Limited ("we", "us" or "our" for short) are registered to collect and process personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act" for short). Linnhe Creative Limited are data controllers of your personal information for the purposes of the Act. If you want to know what personal information we hold about you, please write to us at email@example.com.
What information do we gather?
Information is gathered directly and indirectly (for example, through our website's technology).
One example of information we collect indirectly is through Internet access logs. When you access the website, your numeric internet address is automatically collected and is placed in our Internet access logs.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in whWe also collect information when you voluntarily submit it to us. On our website, we provide you with the opportunity to register for various services, register for email newsletters, enter promotions and competitions, complete puzzles, purchase products and participate in online surveys. When we collect your information in this way, we will notify you as to how this information will be used. We will also provide you with the opportunity to indicate your preferences as to the use of your information.
When responding to promotions, offers etc. by postcard, if you do not wish for your details to be used by us to send you promotions and offers, please make this clear by stating "No Offers".s, please make this clear by stating "No Offers".
Third party advertising cookies
Most of the advertisements you see on the website are generated by third parties. Some of these third parties generate their own cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to do this), and to track how many people have seen it more than once. These cookies cannot be used to identify an individual; they can only be used for statistical purposes, for example, in providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. Some of the information gleaned from third party cookies will be aggregated with other anonymous information for statistical purposes. The third party companies that generate these cookies have their own, very strict, privacy policies but we don't have access to these cookies; other than allowing them to be served, we have no role to play in these cookies at all (although we may use statistical information arising from these third party cookies and provided to us by third parties, to improve the targeting of advertisements to users of the website).
If you would like to disable "third party" cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party's website and getting them to generate a one-time "no thanks" cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your machine. Here are links to the two main third party advertising platforms we use, each of which have instructions on how to do this:
You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising bodies for more information on how to opt out of these cookies:
Use of your information
The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
We may use your personal information to:
- contact you by mail or telephone to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) which may be of interest to you unless you have asked us not to. Where we contact you about these items by email, text message, or similar electronic means we will only do this with your permission
- ensure materials on the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- improve the website and to mYou may modify your preferences or get further information by writing to us at Data Department, Linnhe Creative Limited, Tigh-Ur, 4 Treslaig, Fort William PH33 7AJ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your wishes will be honoured
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law. We will not sell or otherwise share your personal information with third parties without your consent ewhere you have agreed to be contacted by us, we may pass your personal information to third parties who provide various products and services on our behalf. In all such cases we remain a data controller of your personal information.
- unless required by applicable law or if we are ordered to do so by a court or other similar body; ordered to do so by a court or other similar body;
- as we may think necessary to protect our legal rights, a registered user or third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or
- where we are approached by a potential buyer of our business and/or assets or in relation to any joint venture or other business arrangement. In such circumstances we will be able to pass on your personal information to such third party's advisors and to any prospective buyer, as well as to any other relevant parties.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to email@example.com.
There will be an administrative charge of £10 for providing a copy of this information.
How do I change my personal details?
We want to ensure that we provide you with the best possible service. Please therefore always keep us updated of any changes to your personal information, for example, if your email address changes. You can do this by accessing your account pages on the website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). By registering on the website or sending us your personal information by other means, you are indicating your consent for your personal information to be sent and stored outside the EEA.
What does providing us with this information mean?